Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Big Tipper

Haha! The title of the post just reminded me again that our upstairs neighbor's layabout 17 year old son liked to call Erik "Big Pimpin'" when we were first married. I'm not sure what he meant by that, but it was funny.

I promised that I would share some good customer services experiences in light of yesterday's negativity. Unfortunately the stories aren't that long because they don't stand out as much to me. I expect good service. When I get it, we tip well and walk away. We we get bad service it stays with me.

I will just say that some of the best service I've ever gotten has been at a fast food window. I remember specifically one day when I worked at a bank back in Topeka getting some quick lunch and being so impressed that I left the person my card and asked them to apply at the bank as a teller. From Sonic! You never know what you're going to get - it's like a surprise party.

Another time was at Spangles in Topeka (also fast food - yeah, I didn't have the best habits then) and it was almost identical. The girl was enthusiastic and happy but not annoyingly so. She really was happy to be at work taking my order. It was phenomenal. We should always treat each other that way. At least if we work in the service industry and want to keep our jobs.

:)

No comments: