Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A delicate shade of pink...

Ok, so it's been an embarassing length of time since I posted last. I have no excuse worth the lapse of time, so I won't even try it. Alyson is getting closer and closer to crawling. On her tummy, she goes up to her toes or knees, pulls one forward and rocks back and forth but can't seem to figure out how to move her arms forward. She can still go backwards and spin on her tummy, but forward motion is currently at a stand still. Additionally, she really likes to stand and kind of hula around on her little wobbly hips. She was cracking herself up the other day in front of the mirror while standing on our bathroom sink. I wish I had a video to show you. Once she's standing (or anytime you try to put her down really) she doesn't generally want to go back to sitting. She (of course at 7 months) still needs assistance standing but wants to do so all day long and if you try to put her down, she's as stiff as a board trying to keep standing. It's really quite funny, she goes almost parallel to the floor trying to stay up. I'll try to get a video of that for you.

Erik is settled in his new job at LW. He seems to like it pretty well so far, though the commute is longer and his shift is a little different than before. New jobs are always transitions, so I expect we'll have an even better idea of how he likes it in a month or so. I have high hopes, they seem to be a pretty good company. I need to get heading to work, but I wanted to put the latest round of adorable pictures out.

We love you!

2 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

be glad she's not yet mobile ... it changes EVERYTHING!!! seriously ... aidan was moving at 4.5 and i do NOT recommend that.

she's absolutely adorable, thanks for sharing the new pictures!!

The Dodds said...

the pictures are precious as usual. She is just a little rosebud that is blooming. Chloe is 6 months and gets all frustraded becuase she cant figure out how to move yet. She always wants to be on the move which I think is common for her age.Im sure in the next month she will be crawling. Scary but exciting! You are such a great mom!

Love
B

p.s. chris and I are starting to try again so please keep us in your prayers:)