Saturday, March 12, 2011

Yay for Spring!

We're planting our own garden for the very first time and started several things already.  Tomatoes (Beefsteak, Plum and Cherry) as well as some beautiful multi colored sweet bell peppers.  I'm so excited, but also a little nervous - I don't want to over commit and crash and burn if you know what I'm saying.  So far, we've been successful - Alyson and MayLee helped me soak the little disks that became our seed nests.  After that, Alyson helped me plant the little seeds and helps me to keep them moist with a little spray bottle.  She has been so excited that Daddy brought her home some more seeds and I couldn't resist buying more types.  We'll see just how crazy extreme we decide to go.  I'm very excited though.  I helped as a volunteer gardener at my work and have a lot of gratification of seeing the leeks I planted last year already starting again and the garlic I planted last fall is already sending up shoots. 


The very first shoots visible after several days of waiting
The way I keep the seedlings warm is by putting hot water in with them before closing them up.
All cozy and ready to germinate!

No comments: